NO ONE ELSE WILL EVER KNOW THE STRENGTH OF MY LOVE FOR YOU, AFTER ALL, YOU'RE THE ONLY ONE WHO KNOWS WHAT MY HEART SOUNDS LIKE FROM THE INSIDE.

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Why blog?

Lately I've had this intense urge to write things down, add to that I am constantly updating my status in my head with interesting things I see, hear and do. I have kept a electronic journal for a while of my children's milestones, things going on in their life at major points in their journey and mine and things I feel are important to note down to read in the future however now is the time to up my game and start a blog. It's what everyone is doing right? I might live to regret it, I might not. Lets see how it goes.

I am a mother of two children, two children 17 months apart at that. Ones a baby, ones a toddler. They are polar opposites. Baby is quiet, observant and on the whole pretty placid, the toddler is all me- loud and proud, confident and ready to take on the world, just not ants, fluff or tiny specks of dirt. I work with radiation and getting to where I am now I spent a terribly long time at university but I loved studying, I loved taking in new information, processing it in my head, figuring out new concepts, building my vocab, meeting interesting and highly intelligent people that had a passion for knowledge in their chosen fields. I pushed myself as hard as I could while studying and strived for the best results I could achieve, just to see how far I could go really, and I did well, really well. Right now though I am on maternity leave, spending the last few precious weeks with my baby before returning to being a working mother for the second time round.

What this blog might be about?? Well I read a lot of crap and feel the need to correct it. I see a lot of interesting things and feel the need to document them. I have a lot of interesting, complex and amazing friends and have many stories to tell about our adventures past and present. I have an amazing husband, our favourite thing to do is discuss stuff- people, food, news, we have an opinion on everything and we are definitely suckers for speculation if we don't have definitive answers or information, kinda makes things interesting.

Me, I love music and have a very eclectic selection in itunes, my flavour of the month is Skrillex and The Naked and Famous though if you searched you might find Binary Finary, Tiesto, Bob Marley, The Police, Head Kandi, Chris Lake, Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, Toots and Maytals, 2 Many DJ's, Krafty Kuts and Kid Kenobi or maybe even some Lauryn Hill, Leo Sayer or Florence and the Machine. Music has played a huge part in my life, I started playing piano when I was 3 years old and have a love of all types of music, so long as it's played loud. I boast 20.6 days worth of music in itunes and am known for my compilation CD's. I like to send text messages, I use a lot of commas and exclamation marks inappropriately, I like to swear when I talk as it makes me feel passionate about what I am saying and I like to shop online and in store whenever I can, truthfully I just like to spend money. I like champagne and nice jewellery, I love buying my children Converse All Stars (no child should have to wear Dunlop Volleys like I was forced to) I like to decorate my house with Shepard Fairey lithographs and brightly coloured cushions. I cherish my friends and family, they have been good to me and I hope that anyone that reads this finds it interesting, is not offended by my opinions and takes any advice and any word I write with a grain of salt. There are a lot more important things to get your knickers in a twist over trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment