NO ONE ELSE WILL EVER KNOW THE STRENGTH OF MY LOVE FOR YOU, AFTER ALL, YOU'RE THE ONLY ONE WHO KNOWS WHAT MY HEART SOUNDS LIKE FROM THE INSIDE.

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Where have I been?

Quite simply- 50 Shades!

I have been utterly engrossed in the 50 Shades Trilogy and therefore quite detached from my blog the last 2 weeks. If I haven't been reading, I have been nursing sick kids and doing my utmost to avoid their germs so I too don't get sick. Looking after sick kids while you yourself are sick is near impossible. This blog post from Crappy Pictures describes and illustrates it better than I could think to imagine. Treat yourself, she is one shit funny lady, not afraid to take the piss out of her kids and her parenting situation, for some it's the only way to survive motherhood.

My engrossment has resulted in some seriously late nights and very bleary eyed mornings. I get little if any time to read during the day so have taken advantage of the the baby in her big girl room to read into the wee hours of the morning. Sadly I don't do mornings too well and the late nights, early mornings, being woken time and time again when all I want to do is have like even 5 hours uninterupted sleep makes me so hell crazy mad and tired and all sorts of emotional nonesense and as a result I haven't been able to juggle the kids, 50 Shades and the blog all at once and yes I am admitting that I could not and would not multitask on this one.

I finished the last book Sunday night, well 1am Monday morning to be precise and am feeling a little twitchy. What will I do now that there is no Ana and no Christian? I did fear this feeling when I was near the end of book 2 so made sure to read book 3 nice and slowly, savouring every last word. This wasn't no Pulitzer Prize winning novel but it was captivating and I did enjoy reading it immensely. The next book on my list to read, in fact this was a re-read, I need to update myself on how in the hell I am going to manage the terrible twos is the Second Baby Survival Guide but it's no 50 Shades...far far from it and as a result I am struggling to move past the first couple of pages.

The Big Boy is beyond testing the boundaries, he is lighting small fires to them he has been so la la crazy and as a result I needed to refresh my memory on what to do and how to handle his newly found dissatisfaction with the baby and with making a massive song and dance about every tiny small task we need to complete to just get through the basics of the day. He is talking with gusto and trying to fit so much into the few short hours he is awake that my head spins just watching him. He amazes me constantly with the new things he says and the tid bits he remembers but he is struggling to share and everything the baby lay's eye's on he has already claimed a hundred times over, has marked his territory and nothing is to be messed with. Rattles, girlie dolls, teething rings, their all his, he is a little Bower bird with his well hidden stashes that just 2 seconds ago he had no interest in nor even knew existed.

But, one must be patient during this time. Their little heads process so many emotions all at once and they know nothing about how to appropriately deal with them and react in very much a caveman like manner. It is fascinating, annoying and overwhelming to deal with all at once. Very much the roller coaster of emotions. I have coped and I have not coped. I have spent a fair bit of time on the phone crying to my darling mother, the darling husband who is just as perplexed and tired but tries his utmost to stay cool and keep it together and have surrounded myself with all my nearest and dearest to avoid feeling alone and isolated, although with as big a family as I married into and I myself have that is never going to be possible. I am a lucky lady, there is always a shoulder to lean on and cry and wipe snot on too.

Monday was my birthday. It was my first birthday as a mother of two. It was a totally different birthday to one I have ever had before. This one I wanted to be not just about me but about all of us, us as a family of four. Previous birthdays have been wild week long, fortnight, even month long events of catching up with friends, massive parties, dinners, cake and lots of champagne. This one was about us spending time together doing stuff we all liked doing- eating hot chips and chicken Cesar's, giant slides, stir fry and experimenting with cake- just the four of us. It was perfectly relaxing, I had a little munchkin come stomping into my room and say "happy birthday mummy, open your presents" in a massively gorgeous munchkin voice, helped me open my gifts and also helped me eat my favourite chocolate sprinkling lots of tiny fragments of coconut into our bed but who cares, you can do that on your birthday.

My baby girl drew me a scribble picture and my darling husband framed it- she is so squeezable and the picture just melted my heart even more. I got to lay on the lounge and sleep, I just got out of bed and went and fell back asleep on the lounge and let me tell you as a mother of two small noisy needy children you have no idea how much of a rarity this is and managed to get the kids to both sleep for 3 hours together at the same time. It was near perfection until the kids decided that I no longer needed to celebrate my birthday and both had massive meltdowns after dinner. Oh well, you can't have it all but what I did have while it lasted was as close to a perfect birthday as possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment