NO ONE ELSE WILL EVER KNOW THE STRENGTH OF MY LOVE FOR YOU, AFTER ALL, YOU'RE THE ONLY ONE WHO KNOWS WHAT MY HEART SOUNDS LIKE FROM THE INSIDE.

Friday, August 31, 2012

Status Update

I am going to try and make this post as least boring (is that even proper English "as least boring"?) as possible and at least haha look at me, I'm so great as possible too as I don't tend to do the whole "I'm so fabulous thing", I find it vain and annoying. And now I am pretty much going to be vain and annoying...

I have now been on the Lose Baby Weight diet for about a week but have been focusing on diet and exercise seriously for 9 days. On Wednesday I had lost 2.8kg, yesterday I had gained a kilo and with that I decided to drop my glass scales off my balcony and watch them shatter like all my hopes and dreams onto the driveway below. I am glad that I didn't follow through with that slightly odd act as today when I weighed myself the tally is now up to 3.2kg and I am pretty happy with that. I do however vow not to undo all my good work with this good result as I have done time and time again.
I decided that I might take some measurements which I have never done before. The tally board shows a total loss of 5cm from hips, waist and thighs which is even nicer and I can definitely feel that I have changed a little bit and trust me, I am looking and watching like a hawk.

As for my challenges, the results of week 1 are as follows:
NO CHOCOLATE & NO WINE
- Success: 6 days
- Fail: 1 day
EXERCISE
- Success: 6 days
- Fail: 1

This weeks challenges, starting Wednesdays was to be no pasta and no butter but I already unknowingly achieved that goal too. I may have inadvertently ingested butter at a kids party on Tuesday when I ate a sandwich and I have had to test the kids ravioli to see it is cooked before they ate it, so sue me, but seriously, that's pretty bloody good for me let me tell you because if anyone asked me what my favourite food is, what food I would eat if it was my last meal, what food I would eat if I had just come out after 50 years in the slammer and what food I would eat if I could eat food and never get fat- it would be pasta!

I went to Cargo Bar (oh dear God how did I enjoy a nice quiet glass or three of wine in the Sydney sunshine on the harbour with no children in tow, serenity, the chance to have a complete and uninterrupted conversation, to eat seated, not inhaling food over the sink like I had become accustomed to...oh, sorry, got a little carried away there) with one of my oldest friends. I had contemplated having just a glass of champagne and then following it up with water but I didn't. What I did have was quite a few glasses of wine so that was most certainly a fail day, but I had abstained from wine and chocolate aside from some 70% cocoa chocolate which was gross for 6 days. As for the exercise I have walked, worked out or done some form of exercise every day except for Sunday when I gave myself a bit of a rest.

As for the food part, I have stuck to and not strayed from the diet plan each and every single day. I have eaten cleaner and healthier and fresher than I have in a very long time and am now realising how much I miss this food. I had fallen into a bit of a rut, I had become lazy in some areas whilst I had become beyond busy in others. Lite n Easy now in hindsight wasn't as fresh as I first thought. They did a good job, but this diet is soooo much better, keeping me fuller for longer with no frozen meals which is without doubt Lite n Easy's major downfall. I have since learnt that frozen meals are worse than getting takeaway. At least with takeaway it is made relatively fresh in fairly similar circumstances as you would make you own food just with shit loads of salt. As for frozen, there is too many hidden nasties that aren't required in home cooked or even restaurant cooked food because it is made fresh, to be eaten immediately.

I have had the healthy option when I have eaten out both times in the last 8 days which has in the past been my biggest pitfall. I used to use the excuse of eating out, to make poor choices, but not this time. It has been salad and fish or meat and yesterday I didn't even finish my lunch which is a first. I was engrossed in some good catch up conversation with my girlie's but that aside, I still ate what I needed and left the rest.

I have learnt about thermogenesis, I have been reminded how good red meat is, I have upped some of my walking to running, in part I can thank that to thinking yesterday that I was being followed by some weirdo, but he wasn't actually a weirdo, he was just like the other people walking home, just walking a tad too close to me and that I was listening to Bohemian Rhapsody which not only made me what to run but play air drums and wave my hands around in the air like a mad lady. I have downed 4 cups of green tea each and every single day and when I can muster up the courage I have had a table spoon of arsenic, sorry, apple cidar vinegar in hot water before every meal which is supposed to aid with digestion. The arsenic has been the hardest part as it is just foul, I would also describe it as another four letter work starting with 'f' but I'll spare you the French. I have put a reminder in my phone repeated everyday for the rest of eternity with the reasons why I want to lose weight and am still using the Map My Run App and annoying everyone I know with it posting to Facebook. It is a great way to see how far I have walked and challenge myself with each block of exercise to walk or run harder and faster each time.

This blog post here is yet another reminder that there is no turning back. A lot of my family and friends will know that I am on this missions and will question me about it constantly won't you! I need that, I need the mission to be made public, so that failing is public and hence a lot less likely because people are watching and waiting now.

Watch me go!











No comments:

Post a Comment