NO ONE ELSE WILL EVER KNOW THE STRENGTH OF MY LOVE FOR YOU, AFTER ALL, YOU'RE THE ONLY ONE WHO KNOWS WHAT MY HEART SOUNDS LIKE FROM THE INSIDE.

Friday, August 24, 2012

A little white board, a little smoothie, a little organisation.

I woke up on Tuesday after having a legendarily bad sleep, yes legendarily, legendarily is a word, click and you will see, feeling strangely enlightened, energised and very very clear headed. This wasn't the "I'm seriously deliriously tired" enlightened, energised or clear headed, it was true blue, honest clarity.

My baby girl is a right mess at the moment with a really nasty virus, she is wonder weeking, her sleep is all over the place and she hasn't taken to teething quite as well as one might have hoped for. Monday night saw her wake at the unusual time of 9:00pm RIGHT when I was getting into bed. I was treating myself for the first time in what felt like decades to an early nights rest, she had other ideas and was awake until 12am requiring some serious hands on rocking, patting, sushing and me stomping back and forth to her room in frustration to get her to go to sleep without screaming down the house. She then woke at 3am and decided that she'd string us out till 5. During that time we had one incident of the big boy being woken up by her crying requiring more hands on settling for him, one incident of my husband standing at the door of the baby's room staring in on me while I had my eyes closed while feeding her only to scare me shitless when I opened them, me yelling at him because he looked like a freak/robber/knife wielding murderer in the dark staring in on me, only for me to realise the next day that he had only being standing there for about 0.0000000000000005 of a second and one episode of me yelling at him in frustration and then waking up the whole house and I'm pretty sure the dog barked too. It was neither fun nor exciting, all those things you thought parenting would be BEFORE you had children.

That night, after 3 huge bowls of pasta, I went to sleep sensing that a change was upon me and woke knowing that I had to do something about it pronto. Perhaps it was a carb coma, perhaps it was something else but I just had to make a change. The change centred around being more organised and losing the rest of this baby weight I've been carting around. 10% will be given to being more organised as I am pretty good at that already the other 90% going to losing baby weight. I feel I owe it to myself, my body, my heart, my liver, my back which aches constantly, my boobs which are too big, my knees which I am sure could do with a little break too, my husband who deserves his wife to be just a tad lighter under foot, my children who will want and will need (if I have anything to do with it) me around for many many years to come and my brain which needs a little bit of a pick me up too. I have done the big big weight loss thing in my early 20's losing more than 35kg's and have always been very fit- if I wasn't rowing or playing basketball with the girls at work I was at the gym or walking and running every afternoon. Two children 17 months apart, 18 months out of the last 2 years being up the duff and more than 18 months breastfeeding and still counting, my body has taken an absolute beating and I want it back big time. This has been the longest period in the history of me that I have not had a gym membership or been involved in some sort of team sport. It was time to shake things up.

I have been eating really well for a while now but always treated myself for being so good all week with a really big dinner, some wine, some chocolate, some cake and week in week out I was undoing all my good work with just one or two bad meals. I stuck with eating Lite n Easy 5 days a week for more than a year now, I even ate it when I was pregnant with my baby girl but ate a higher calorie diet so that I didn't compromise on the calories and nutrition that I needed while pregnant. My doctor thought it was a great idea and I liked how easy and convenient it was to have the food delivered. I still like it, in fact I perish the thought when I think about where I would be if I wasn't eating it, but I need a change. Lite n Easy will always be there, but for now I just want to get back to making my own food, trying a different diet with more fresh ingredients and giving the Lose Baby Weight smoothies a try too.


I have been following Lose Baby Weights (http://www.losebabyweight.com.au/) page on Facebook for a while now. I had seen enough transformation photos to make me jealous for a life time and I wanted my picture to be up on their website one day too so I emailed them and got a response immediately. The next day I bought their 28 day Diet and Exercise Guide and some of the breastfeeding friendly smoothie powder mix, some fish oil caps and got a free cream with it as well and if you know me you'll know how much I love free things. It literally got dropped off to the front door about an hour ago and I am ready to rock and roll and give one a try tomorrow for breakfast.



I have added inspiration everywhere so that I keep on track- inspiration pictures on my Pinterest and my phone, the Lose Baby Weight Checklist's and my challenge board in the kitchen with weekly challenges. This weeks is no chocolate and no wine, next weeks is no butter and no pasta, I have a tally for the number of days I exercised with this weeks aim to be 5 and a tally for the number of days I ate really well and didn't fall off the band wagon. My weekly challenges don't mean that wine, chocolate, pasta and butter are off the diet indefinitely but I do need a challenge, to test my will power and my endurance. I am going to do personal training with my best friend every Saturday and god knows she is going to punish me, I am going to join the gym at work when I start back next month and I am going to use every bit of help out there and pick myself back up each and every time I fall off the wagon and keep going. I feel weighed down by this extra baby weight (pardon the pun) in every aspect of my life and as I embark on my return to work I need to be at very least a little fitter than I am right now, I need more energy, my metabolism needs a kick start and I need to be focused and clear headed for the challenge that lies ahead.

To help, I have upped my household organisation and bought a white board and a pin board to put at the top of the stairs. I have a weekly planner, a calendar and have timetabled how and when I am going to get two children up, ready for child care, dressed and fed, myself dressed, fed and looking respectable for work each and every day, ready to leave by 7am and to start work by 8. My days will be long, I won't get home till 6pm so I need to be organised. If I am to fit in healthy eating, healthy cooking and exercise then this is going to be one tight ship.







I foresee this taking some time. Getting into a new rhythm with work, diet and exercise is all about the lifestyle change that everyone is always harping on about and it's true, this is a whole new life. Wish me luck.




No comments:

Post a Comment